Monday 8 November 2010

Starting at the very beginning.

So, I've decided to cycle around India for three weeks in the coming summer. Of course, I've got plenty to be getting on with before then, but a once in a lifetime opportunity like this is pretty special. So, where to start? The most interesting thing about this trip is how it's going to be challenging on multiple levels. Raising £2440 isn't exactly something you can knock out on a lunchbreak, and neither is the trek hundreds of miles across one of the most fascinating countries in the world.

It is here where I have hit my very first snag. About a week after deciding to undertake one of the most daunting challenges I've come across, I broke two metatarsals in my left foot. The how's and why's of this are not important, (let's just say I have learnt my lesson when it comes to alchohol consumption and interpretive dance) but this has certainly dampened my expectations of getting some pretty hefty cycling done in the first few weeks of the project. Now don't get me wrong, I understand I'm roughly a year in advance, but the thought of going to India and have a rest day seems completely alien to me. If I'm in one of the most beautiful, spiritual and historic places on this planet I'd much rather not have to take a day out of visiting temples and whatnot just because I've got a sore backside.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment